How we’re protecting you
We are thrilled that travel to the Cook Islands has resumed! To make travel easier during these turbulent times, MOTU is offering all of our guests a risk-free booking in case your holiday has to be cancelled due to illness or travel disruption.
For information on entry requirements including Covid-19 tests and vaccination, please visit the Cook Islands Tourism website and check the guidance provided by your airline.
Book now, pay later
You won’t be charged at the time of your booking. Your credit card details will be taken and we will email you closer to the time to confirm your booking.
30 days before your arrival, your card will be charged 25% of the full booking, and the balance will be charged on arrival. If we are unable to contact you or take payment 30 days prior to your arrival, your booking will be released.
We will cancel or amend bookings at no charge if you’re unable to travel due to illness or travel disruption.
For cancellations not related to Covid-19 our usual policy applies:
- Bookings can be amended with no charge up to 24 hours before arrival. The amended booking dates must be within 12 months of the original booking dates and are subject to availability.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge if received 31 days before the arrival date.
- Bookings that are cancelled 15 – 30 days before the arrival date will incur a fee of 25% of the value of the booking
- Bookings that are cancelled 1 – 14 days before the arrival date will incur a fee of 75% of the value of the booking
- No shows and cancellations on the day of arrival must pay the entire cost of their booking
It’s important that we take all measures possible to protect the health and safety of our guests and our people in Rarotonga.
Below are the precautions we are taking, which we recommend our guests also follow:
We have signed up to the Cook Islands Promise: The Cook Islands Promise is a joint commitment between hosts and guests to safeguard the health of our island. The actions of our promise will endeavour to keep the Cook Islands safe from Covid-19.
We have registered for contact tracing: CookSafe is the contact tracing system that has been approved by Te Marae Ora/Ministry of Health. MOTU has signed up to this in order to keep our guests and staff safe.
Good Hygiene: We wash our hands regularly.
Disinfection: We disinfect surfaces regularly and avoid unnecessary touching of items in stores or surfaces.
Reception: Be prepared for minimal contact at check in and check out.
Luggage: To avoid unnecessary physical contact, your luggage may be delivered directly to your door.
Servicing of Rooms: We encourage contactless servicing of rooms and ask for your assistance to vacate the room during room servicing hours.
Book your MOTU villa here or if you would like more information or to talk to our managers, Tim and Lucile, please email [email protected]